We would like to offer you a warm welcome to Scarning Voluntary Controlled Primary School and hope this is the beginning of a rewarding partnership with you and your family.
The primary years are vitally important for sowing the seeds of curiosity, fostering good working habits and encouraging a love of learning. If this is achieved in a structured, secure environment, children can experience success, confidence and a sense of their own worth.
The staff at Scarning are determined to meet the needs of every child who attends the school.
We were rated as ‘GOOD’ in the most recent OFSTED inspection in June 2014 and comments in the report include:
Pupils make good progress and standards in Year 6 this year are above the latest national
Teaching has improved rapidly over time and is now consistently good.
- Achievement in writing is good because pupils have developed the stamina to write at length.
- Across the school, pupils supported by additional funding (the pupil premium) make good progress in line with their peers
- Pupils behave well and have positive attitudes to learning. They say they feel safe in school.
- Year 6 pupils set a good example to the others and are always willing to help.
- The relatively new leadership team has been successful in driving improvement so that teaching quality has risen and pupils’ achievement has increased.
- Governors know the school well and hold senior leaders to account for its performance.
This website gives you some information about the school, but cannot replace the value of a visit. You are very welcome to make an appointment to come and see the life of the school, and I look forward to meeting you.